The Roulette table layouts consists of 2 main betting areas: the Inside bets and the Outside bets.
The inside betting area holds the individual numbers on the wheel, and the outside betting area has areas for the columns, red/black and odd/even and 1st 12, 2nd 12 and 3rd 12.
Below you’ll find a more detailled decription of the Inside Bets you can make at roulette:
Either place your chip directly on the number (a straight up bet) or line up the chip along the lines in various positions to bet a combination of numbers, as follows:
- A Single Number Bet (straight up) pays 35 to 1.
- A Split Bet is a bet on 2 numbers and it pays 17 to 1. Put your chip on the line separating the 2 numbers.
- A Street Bet or Line Bet pays 11 to 1 (3 number bet). Put your chip on the vertical line that runs between the outside and inside betting zones. The chip kisses the first number in the row.
- A Corner Bet or Quad Bet pays 8 to 1. Put your chip so it is kissing the 4 corners of the numbers, on the intersection of the box borders.
- Basket Bet: a 5 number bet on zero the double zero (00) and numbers-1-2-3 which pays 6 to 1. Avoid this bet! The odds are not great.
- Double Street is a bet on 6 numbers and pays 5 to 1. Put your chip on the line between the outside and inside area but place it across 2 streets or rows.